Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Slowly Does It

This little pup weighs 2 pounds. And, bonus, he kind of looks how I feel today.

I was slightly disappointed that I only lost about 2 lbs over the course of March, especially as I had seen slightly lower numbers last week in my (secret, not really, but not posted) weekly weigh-ins.


And my second thought was, I AM SO SICK OF THIS RAIN. I did the Shred at home again, but I want to/need to get out and run. And I'm a fair weather runner. Yes, the gym is a block away, but I had sort of (prematurely it seems) liberated myself from the treadmill shackles once Spring temps hit. Additionally the rain is sucking out my will to live, let alone m o v e.

I gotta get outta my own head! It's great to be more safely in the 180's. (As opposed to when I briefly saw a 189.9999 pop up a while back and, again, prematurely called myself Back in the [1]80's.) Lately I've also been cruising the BMI/BMR/misc. weight charts trying to come up with a goal weight to plug into my sidebar. Having been overweight since uh... people started weighing me, I guess, it's hard to pick a number. I suppose it's better to pick a range and see what happens when I get there. I will be giving this more thought and post further.

Since I did not commit to a d-plan or eliminating any individual food or food group, I know my weight loss is going to be slower. What I did commit to is weighing myself weekly (even if I eat take out Chinese the night before or it's that time of the month or had 2 pints of Ben & Jerry's for dinner, etc etc.) The point is it's a snapshot in time that may, as much as I dread it, go UP on occasion and I have to learn to deal with it as a data point in a series, not a summary judgment.

I also committed to exercise. And while it's great to incorporate the Shred and to finally get myself some zen on the yoga mat, last week my running (or even long walks) sort of fell off.

Exercise program, goal weight reflections, food tracking...that's what I'll be working on in the week ahead.

1 comment:

  1. I run in the rain! I actually prefer it! It's mega fun and you feel really hardcore! XD I wear this (http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/product-detail-PHA-RAI.htm) rain jacket because it's really thin so I can still wear it while it's hot. (I can also be seen from space when I wear it :D). In my search for a thin jacket I found loads that can be used in non-tropics weather. Maybe save up for one?

    I totally get you with picking a goal number! I have no clue what weight I should actually be. I envy people that have a 'normal' point that they're aiming to get back to.

    ReplyDelete