Saturday, March 13, 2010

Raindrops keep fallin on my head


Just
checking in to say I am back, baby! It's raining nonstop here in NY, but I'm feeling groovy. I've had a cold throughout most of this week, but yesterday managed a walk across Central Park and back. I also noticed my appetite coming back (I guess it's a good thing) and went cold turkey on the cold meds as of yesterday afternoon.

I was happy to have slept well last night (sans Nyquil) and really felt good this morning, despite the raaaaaaaain. I suited up and headed over to the gym. Ran 3 miles without feeling like I'd overdone it. Then walked at various incline levels for another 30 minutes before running home in the rain.

It's been a weird week without much exercise, lots of meds, strange eating or lack thereof, but through it all, I've been trying to focus on getting myself back to health and staying on track as best I could manage.

There's to be an outing tonight, I think. Somewhere here in the 'hood. In the rain. (Yes, I like to keep harping on that.) But I've decided I don't want to drink beer. It's too easy for me to drink too much, even though I make it a point not to keep up with, for example, BF. So maybe a wine bar tonight, though usually I find the by-the-glass programs so disappointing and overpriced. Anyway, that's today's challenge and I'll figure it out before I head out for the evening. Planning is everything...

P.S. I've been having some weird issues on the blog. Hope this isn't screwing up anyone's feed. Will try to look into today!

3 comments:

  1. One more time for the cheap seats in the back...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete