Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I always know I'm sick when I lose my appetite

I hate that the little scratch in my throat has turned into full-fledged cold symptoms. It is 54 degrees here today and I would love to be running outside instead of drinking my lemon water. I was unsure if I should run or not yesterday, so I compromised by bringing lozenges and tissues, doing a much longer walking warm-up and interspersing running with walk recovery breaks to not overdo it. Today I'm definitely doing that whole "listen to your body" thing and will be holed up in my privy chamber with my historical fiction (Henry VIII, you royal cad, you) along with my DayQuil. Drat.
 
In yesterday's weigh-in (weigh weekly, post monthly), I was down a pound and a half and was very glad for it! I know taking a couple "sick days" from the fitness routine is not going to magically put the pounds back on, especially when combined with the (rare!) loss of appetite, but it is so frustrating to be fired up for fitness and be sidelined. Because, let's face it, getting the mojo working can be a feat as well. And I want to ride the momentum. 
 
Ah well. I know when I read others' posts about how frustrating an injury is or fears of weight relapse due to forced inactivity, I always comment (or at least think) soothing, don't-worry-this-is-a-blip-in-the-journey type thoughts. So I'm trying to force myself to be rational here.
 
There will be lots of sunny running days to come, I know.

3 comments:

  1. I always get the full blown cold starting with the sore throat. booo...that stinks. I hope you get well soon and you'll be back on the fitness routine in no time!

    Congrats on the loss! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Betsy! Hope things are groovy in the Chi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking as someone who is sick now I can say I'm the opposite. I needs my comfort food!

    ReplyDelete