Saturday, March 27, 2010

Beer and/or Dessert


OK, mostly beer. True story. I made a little dinner of roasted broccoli and this little french bread pizza I like to make (it involves a whole-wheat baguette with homemade marinara and fresh mozzarella and basil) and then as it was baking I plugged it all into my bodybugg database. I also input the 2.5 bottles of beer I intended to enjoy along with said healthy-ish pizza (I'm a sucker for the Belgian blonde beers, esp. Leffe...mmm) While I was at it, I decided that after a night in sipping brews in moderation and watching Netflix with BF, I might want a sweet treat. So I went ahead and added in a delicious cookie from a batch I made yesterday and promptly froze.

Except. Consider it a sign of growth, maturity, or somehow something clicking, but the cookie put me well over 2000 calories for the day. And since I had not yet eaten said cookie, I could magically delete it and watch those calories disappear from the day's tally. Yes, I could choose to have a couple beers and still practice moderation by not having the cookie. Do other people know this is possible?? Get me to my blog!

Kudos here to Kat of Low-Fat Kat. I am currently reading through her archives and am totally enthralled with her story. She posted this oatmeal/peanut butter/chocolate chip sensation that is pushing all of my buttons at the moment. Yum! And while I'm at it, I may as well mention I found her through the witty comments she left on another new find, 100in12, which captures the journey of Laura, who is hilarious and genuine and inspirational all in one! As NY temps dropped back to the 30's, I enjoyed a little yummy Laura turned me onto, namely brewing a cup of mint tea and mixing in a packet of sugar-free hot chocolate. Choco-minty yum.

In other news, I made it to yoga today! Huzzah! So along with the Shred session on Monday, my One Hour Runner 30-minute straight (slow) running episode, a couple 4-mile runs in the Park, I also did some incline walking before yoga today. (3.5 mph walk with inclines at 2.0 for 5 minutes, then 3.5 incline for 5 minutes, then up 1% incline every minute until I got to 10%, then back down 1% each minute until I got to 5% incline, which I did for 5 minutes, then 3.5% for 5 minutes and then 3.5% until cool down.)

So...Moderation. Exercise. Inspiration in the internets. That's what I've got this weekend. Pass it on!

5 comments:

  1. I think I would have opted for less beer and taken the cookie. I like beer, but I love cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Sometimes I do both, though I'm trying to limit those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duuuude, is that cookie recipe not THE MOST AMAZING recipe on the face of the earth? Holy crap!

    Thank you for the sweet compliments and for reading my blog! And I'm a sucker for a good Belgian ale myself!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, that pizza sounds really really great! (I'm sitting in a library, feeling quite hungry - so quite possibly anything would invoke this reaction :P)

    Also, sounds like a great attitude to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kat - thanks for popping on over! Love your blog for real!

    Thermy - the pizza was my single girl standby (used to have it 3 times a week), but I manage to still work it into the cohabitation rotation. I'm having probs accessing your blog?! doh!

    ReplyDelete