Friday, February 26, 2010

Pear-shaped loser updates

Slogging away on the treadmill today, I saw a Jenny Craig commercial and was surprised to see my old friend, George Costanza, standing next to Valerie Bertinelli! Ok, of course his real name is Jason Alexander. I'm not a fan of any "diet program", but I think Costanza brings some much needed levity and relate-ability to the journey. And I'd rather some of the billion dollar weight loss industry revenues make it into the pocket of someone I like. Go pear-shaped losers!
 
This pear-shaped loser has been trying to dust herself off and regroup after a lackluster showing in the Official Monthly Weigh-in. I've been tracking diligently, eating more meals at home, and cutting back on drinking (cue Santana singing, "baby, you've got to change your boozing ways"...) So far, so good. Yeah, that's about 3 days of good for those of you counting at home. 3 is better than 0, I say!
 
I just came back from a 6-mile run on the treadmill. At one point I had to stop to use the restroom and refill my water bottle and of course the machine timed out on me so I had to restart the effort (keeping track of course of the 4.32 miles already logged.) It felt like a freaking marathon! Now the trick is not to eat like a marathoner the rest of the day.

Seems like a lot of blogs I follow updated today - yay! So I was about an hour delayed heading out as I first like to catch up on what everyone else is doing for inspiration. Then I like to add my 2 cents (sometimes more like 10 cents) and then an hour has passed. But the extra inspiration is so worth it - so thank you bloggers!

And Betsy commented! Girl, I have you in my little mojo blogroll, so I've been watching that space eagerly for news from you and was so excited to hear from you. Your audience awaits you! (But in a friendly, supportive, non-stalkerish way!)

MMMM, yummy beef & broccoli stir-fry incoming...thank you, wonderful bf! Oh, brown rice, carrots, garlic, ginger. Later a cup of tea and a dvd while we watch the Blizzard of 2010. Enjoy the weekend wherever you are!


1 comment:

  1. I just discovered your blog. Awesome! I just wanted to let you know I'd be watching.

    Keep up the good work.

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete