Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring extremes

It is officially Spring and it is extremely pretty out there. It also got extremely hot out there. In my naiveté, I went running for a good 3.5 miles or so in the 86-degree heatwave the other day. My sweet spot is definitely 40-60F (with no wind, hills, or humidity por favor!) Today it is extremely cold again, so it's getting difficult to know what to wear.

Funny slip: in the paragraph above I wrote "funning" for "running." Is it possible I'm enjoying myself out there? I don't think so. Well, I'll admit I always enjoy the post-run endorphin rush and love that sense of accomplishment, but lately I have noticed more moments of enjoyment (or less moments of "how much longer do I have to do this?", "how far to the next functioning water fountain?") during the run.

I'm still incorporating the at-home component (mostly Shred or whatever looks interesting on the Exercise On Demand channel on cable), though not as much this week. I've been job interviewing quite a bit lately (angst!) so like the weather, my mood and motivation have seen extreme highs and lows as well. Overall, I'm trying to sustain some equilibrium and keep up with my exercise regime and food tracking as best I can. This week, I'm operating at about a 7.5, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment