Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Checkin' in

Just checkin' in. I should check in more frequently, just to keep myself on track, I suppose. I worked out a bit less this past week. The Thanksgiving schedule at my gym meant I missed my favorite yoga class. Then I missed my new favorite Body Conditioning class through my own fault (as we used to say in the confessional).

I did keep on track with C25K though. I finished up Week 3 - woo hoo! And am just about to head out to start Week 4 - yaaaaay (she said unconvincingly). Each week incorporates longer stints of running, obviously. I think this week will include a 5-minute running segment. Yaaaaaaaay!

I'm pretty content with my eating over the past few weeks. Trying to incorporate some new recipes and be conscious of what I'm eating. Primarily, that means enjoying what I'm eating or, if not, trying not to eat it. Why does that sound so elementary written out like that? Is it worth it?? That's what I need to remember. I even made a semi-healthy dessert. An apple crumble thing with rolled oats and nuts and uh, apples. I serve it warm with vanilla frozen yogurt and feel like I'm having a good time. It's good, but it's not something that I would go crazy overboard with. And vanilla frozen yogurt is not calling my name like, for example, mint chocolate chip or chocolate brownie ice cream would. ("Finish me!")

Next stop - 180's! Please! I'm so sick of the 190's. Actually knowing the way I lose (up, down, up, down) I know 180's won't be the next stop. But hopefully I'm on the 180's line? If not, I'll have to switch at an upcoming station. For now, this track is feels like it's working for me.

2 comments:

  1. That's one of my favorite sayings: 'Is it worthy?' or I'll say, 'its not worthy.' (Elaine Benis quote from Seinfeld.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Exactly - is it sponge (scale?) worthy?

    ReplyDelete