Sunday, November 15, 2009

What a Difference a Day Makes


Hello!

And we're off to a smashing start! I decided to start this blog on a high note. On a day when I actually accomplished my fitness "to do" list. Unlike yesterday, when I thought fit thoughts, but executed sloth activities. I saw a couple great documentaries from my Netflix queue, but that is of little import to my cardiovascular health. Yesterday was rainy and gray and sucking the life force out of me. Today I woke with intent, the sunny autumn sky was a good sign. Before I could even say "coffee", I was out the door, armed with my iPod loaded with my fave Couch to 5K training program. (I'm in Week 1.) Usually I have to gulp coffee, play several rounds of Word Twist on Facebook, eat breakfast, read some inspirational weight loss blogs to get my mojo pumping, eat again because now too much time has transpired, repeat the whole thing because now I'm too full for exercise...and hope the timing eventually works itself out. For that reason alone, exercise in the a.m. is a good thing. Before life gets in the way.

I really wanted to start this blog today to capture in my own head how good it felt to get out there and enjoy the beautiful Fall colors of my amazing city. So maybe on the days when I feel more funk than fit, I can think back to the autumn sun reflecting on the water, the breeze on my face, and Kanye reminding me how Work it harder, make it better... that that don't kill me can only make me stronger.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! (Saw your comments on Pasta Queen.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm so happy that you are doing the Couch to 5K! That's how I started my first 5K training last year. And you're right...after not running for a while it's hard! But don't worry, you'll get right back in there. I'm excited to follow your process - you go, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started with C25K in January last year. Those podcasts are a real lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete