Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Slow and steady

I love the footprints in this photo.  I feel ya, tortoise!  At this point, it seems on average I'm losing about .7 lbs a week. And that's great! I embrace slow and steady as a lifestyle. That's why I'm glad I changed the status bar to report in monthly. It's nice to see the number go down a wee bit steadily, versus the seemingly random ups and downs of the weekly reality. The one sad aspect of this month is that I briefly dipped into the (1)80's, but finished a bit above that, but I am certainly not going to dwell on that, nor am I going to create timelines to get there. (Rock on, tortoise!)

The weather is slowly and steadily warming up here in New York as well. Today it is supposed to get up in the mid-40's with lots of winter sun, so this could be a lovely day for a run in the Park with the boyfriend. He claims he can't talk and run. I complain it's boring for me without conversation or music. (I can't stand the sound of my footfall and breathing. It starts to grate on my nerves until 3 minutes feels like 30.) We like a lot of Podcasts, so maybe I'll load the iPod up and hook up the earbud adapter that allows you to plug in 2 sets of headphones. Or I could draw up and memorize a list of non-yes/no questions and just interview him for a few miles. Podcast sounds like a better way to go...

Speaking of podcasts, the lovely Dietgirl, half of the inspiring duo behind the Two Fit Chicks and a Microphone podcast, celebrated 9 years of blog-o-rific-ness with a 9 Days of Christmas type giveaway contest and I won a fantastic prize! I think it was the only one I entered. I'm so excited! It's a Cardio Coach workout that DG herself tested and approved. Apparently a fit trainer dude guides your cardio workouts by telling you (via your iPod, not like voices in your head or telepathy) when to pick up the pace, when to recover, when to take a cupcake break, etc. (Ok, I haven't redeemed the prize yet, but there might be a cupcake break.) It reminds me of the C25k podcasts that got me started on running - I can't wait to give it a go!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning! I love podcasts for running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the win! I love your mindset - thanks for getting me back in the game! I'm dedicating my next post to you! :)

    ReplyDelete